Post Baccalaureate and Outreach Programs
- MCAT science and verbal reasoning preparation courses
- Test-taking strategies & skills workshops
- MCAT review sessions
- MCAT practice tests
- Learning Style Assessment
- Time Management & Organization
- Emotional Well-Being
- Cultural Sensitivity
Medical School Application Workshops
- Demystifying the application process (including extracurricular activities, asking for letters of recommendation)
- How to prepare an application personal statement
- Presenting yourself successfully as an applicant
- Interviewing techniques (includes video-taped practice interviews)
A weekly interprofessional graduate seminar will be held throughout the program. The focus will be on health care issues in underserved communities. Seminars will also serve as a forum for interprofessional small group research projects and presentations.
Science courses are taken through UC Berkeley Extension. Students are required to take 9 units per semester of upper division sciences and maintain an overall GPA of 3.5. Students will be registered for science courses by special arrangement through the UCSF Post Baccalaureate Program.