- Advising & Career Development
- Medical Student Experience
Medical Student Education
School of Medicine Forms
Forms that require the Dean's signature should be turned in to S-245. Processing time for forms is 5-7 business days. Letters are completed within 2-3 weeks. You will be contacted by email when your form/letter is ready to be picked up.
- Absence Notification and Exam Rescheduling Request Forms - Essential Core Block Courses
- Request for Extended Program – If you will be going on a Leave of Absence during your extended program, you will also need to complete a Withdrawal Petition (pick up from the Registrar's Office in MU-200W) and Readmission Application (download from the Registrar's website here).
- Letter of Support from the Dean (Minimum processing time is 2-3 weeks; Please note: It is required that you upload backup or additional documents necessary to process the letter.)
- Letter for Good Standing (Please note: It is required that you upload backup or additional documents necessary to process the letter.)
- 196 Teaching Elective Credit
- 198 Supervised Study Credit
- 150 Research Elective Credit
- 199B Application for Step 2 study credit
Extramural Clerkship Instructions (Domestic and International)
- 6-9 months before the rotation, check to see if the institution is listed in the Training Affiliation Agreement Report (updated 9/1/2016). If it is not, contact Mahdi Ardestani to see if a TAA can be worked out for the location. Please note that for international rotations, Dr. Mylo Schaaf must approve the experience before the TAA can be addressed.
- If you are interested in doing an international clerkship, please contact Mylo Schaaf in order to review the international programs with whom we have pending TAAs, and to discuss previous student experiences at various programs. Dr. Schaaf will need to sign off on the electronic Application for Extramural Course or Clerkship form if you are doing an international rotation.
- Submit the appropriate Extramural Course or Clerkship Approval Form at least 4 weeks prior to the start of the rotation. If you are attaching documents that require a seal, please come by S-245 to pick up your documents after you have received a COMPLETED application email notification.
- It is your responsibility to provide a copy of the Evaluation Form - Off-Campus Elective to your supervisor at the away institution and ask that he or she submit it after the end of your rotation. Students will NOT receive a grade until this evaluation is submitted to MSE. Evaluations should be emailed to Laura (LJ) Moore-McClelland; you may also contact her if you have any questions regarding the evaluation.
Note: To fill out the forms you need to open them with Adobe Reader or Adobe Acrobat.
- International Packet – These forms are required of all students requesting credit for time spent abroad doing clerkships or research work.
- Additional forms required for international clerkships:
- Request for Credit: Extramural Course or Clerkship Approval Form (use the international form for the corresponding UCSF department; follow submission instructions on form)
Global Health Elective Course Objectives Form (submit to your department mentor before travel)
- Evaluation Form: Evaluation Form - Off-Campus Elective (follow submission instructions on form)
- Additional forms required for international research:
- Request for Conference Travel Funds – One-time award for students giving an oral or poster presentation at a conference. Applications must be submitted at least one month prior to travel.
- Expense Reimbursement Request
- SOM Health Event Approval Form
Click here to access Registrar Forms. All forms are also available at the Office of the Registrar in MU-200W.