- Accommodations for Students
- Policies and Grievance Procedures
Medical Student Disability Services
For shelf exam accommodations in a core or elective clerkship:
1. Notify your clerkship director by email at least four weeks before the start of the clerkship and attach a copy of your accommodation letter.
2. Shelf exams are ordered at the beginning of the block, so you must notify the clerkship director 4 weeks before the block begins to ensure your accommodations are available.
3. 8-week clerkships are proctored through the MSDS office. Students should contact both their clerkship directors and the director of MSDS to schedule your exam. All other clerkships (FCM, ObGYN, Psych, and Neuro) are accommodated via the course coordinators of those programs. Students must contact these clerkship coordinators directly they wish to use accommodations on their clerkship exams (shelf exams).