- Pathways Programs at UCSF
- Molecular Medicine
- For Mentors and Alumni
About Molecular Medicine
Successful completion of the program will result in graduation with an M.D. with Distinction in Molecular Medicine.
Students apply by contacting the MMP Directors and submitting a project proposal. Students develop an Individual Development Plan with their advisor and research mentor, which will be reviewed by a "professional development" committee within the MMP annually during progression through the 5-year training program. The student also will complete the requirements for obtaining an MD with Thesis degree.
Students apply by
- contacting the MMP Directors
- submitting an Initial Interest Form
- developing an Individual Development Plan (IDP) with their advisor and research mentor, in consultation with the MMP Directors. The IDP will be reviewed annually by a "professional development" committee within the MMP as the student progresses through the 5-year training program.
Students also will complete the requirements for obtaining an MD with Distinction degree.
- MMP Explorers can enroll any time between the summer prior to matriculation in their professional school and the beginning of the 3rd year of school.
- MMP Students enroll by the beginning of the 3rd year of school and formally enroll in the MD with Distinction program by July 1 of their research year.
- MMP Residents enroll during the internship year.
- MMP Associated Fellows have completed residency training and are engaged in subspecialty training; Fellows are encouraged to participate in all conferences sponsored by the MMP