- About Medical Education
- Our Organization
- Staff Directory
- Medical Education Community
- Medical Education News
- Year in Review Reports
- LCME Accreditation
- Program Statistics
- Education Policies
- Job Openings in Medical Education
Kevin H. Souza, MS
Kevin H. Souza serves as Associate Dean for Medical Education at the University of California, San Francisco, and was the founding director of the Office of Educational Technology (now Technology Enhanced Learning). He has administrative responsibility over the medical education programs and programmatic oversight of educational technology and simulation activities in the school. His professional interests include cultivating educational leadership, systems improvement, organizational development, strategic visioning, use of innovative and effective technologies in teaching and learning, including simulation and telemedicine; and the advancement of health worldwide through competency-based health professions education using appropriate technologies and educational methods. At UCSF he is currently involved in development of an Anatomy Learning Center, curriculum innovation, and implementation of a new strategic plan for educational technology. Nationally, he serves as chair of the Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC) Western Group on Educational Affairs (WGEA) and as chair of the AAMC Group on Information Resources (GIR) Communications Subcommittee. He also serves on the AAMC GEA and GIR steering committees.
- Chou CL, Promes SB, Souza KH, Topp KS, O'Sullivan PS. Twelve tips for facilitating successful teleconferences. Med Teach. 2012; 34(6):445-9.
- Hauer KE, Chou CL, Souza KH, Henry D, Loeser H, Burke C, Mayfield C, O'Sullivan PS. Impact of an in-person versus web-based practice standardized patient examination on student performance on a subsequent high-stakes standardized patient examination. Teach Learn Med. 2009 Oct; 21(4):284-90.
- Omer S, O'Sullivan P, Masters S, Souza K, Taché S, Hickson G, Mkony C, Kaaya E, Loeser H. Collaboration between academic institutions towards faculty development for educators. Educ Health (Abingdon). 2008 Dec; 21(3):222.
- Omer S, Hickson G, Taché S, Blind R, Masters S, Loeser H, Souza K, Mkony C, Debas H, O'Sullivan P. Applying innovative educational principles when classes grow and resources are limited: Biochemistry experiences at Muhimbili University of Allied Health Sciences. Biochem Mol Biol Educ. 2008 Nov; 36(6):387-94.
- Souza KH, Kamin C, O'Sullivan P, Moses A, Heestand D. Organizational models of educational technology in U.S. and Canadian medical schools. Acad Med. 2008 Jul; 83(7):691-9.