Job Openings in Medical Education
Simulated Learning Centers Lab Assistant
The Kanbar Center serves all five health professional schools at UCSF and provides learning opportunities across the continuum of health professions education.We support UCSF's educational mission of teaching, learning, and assessment through simulation recreating routine and complex situations, thereby improving patient care and safety.
Under the direction of the Kanbar Center Operations Director and the Anatomy Learning Center lab Manager, the Simulated Learning Centers Lab Assistant will assist in the coordination and support of educational activities, and the daily operations and maintenance work in the Simulated Learning Centers at the Kanbar Simulation Center and the Anatomy Learning Center.
This position will work 20 hours per week and the work schedule will include Saturday and Sunday work days to support after-hours and weekend courses and operations support and maintenance in Simulated Learning Centers.
• High School graduation and three years of laboratory experience, or two years of college, including courses in the natural, physical or social sciences and two years of laboratory experience; or an equivalent combination of education/experience
• High level of anatomical knowledge
• Dissection skills for identifying, producing, labeling and keying dissected specimens
• Experience in human anatomy, physiology, medicine and the healthcare setting
Read more at HR careers website- Search for Req 44491BR
Administrative and Process Analyst
The Analyst II, Graduate Medical Education (GME), provides high-level analytical and procedural financial support services to the GME Finance Manager and Director of Graduate Medical Education; executive support to the Director of Graduate Medical Education; and high-level procedural support to the Education Technology Manager. Finance-related responsibilities include complex analyses of financial data gathered and compiled from multiple funding sources; participation in the management of GME financial resources, including the Blumberg Loan fund; and maintenance and dissemination of financial reports and billing documentation. The individual will also support the Director of GME through providing administrative support and also management and/or participation in special projects. Lastly, the individual will work closely with the Education Technology manager in providing E*Value support to the program coordinators and program directors by triaging E*Value help desk requests and providing consultative resources.
• BA/BS degree with a major in a related field and two or more years of experience in administrative analysis and/or finance; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
• PC and Mac proficiency
• Advanced knowledge of and proficiency with MS Office Suite, including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
• Highly organized and advanced ability to prioritize projects to meet the demands and deadlines of a fast-paced and dynamic work environment
• Outstanding written and oral communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality
• Well-developed ability to identify, gather, and convey information and different perspective accurately, appropriately, and on a timely basis
Read more at HR careers website- Search for Req 44434BR