- Residents and Clinical Fellows
- Housestaff Information Booklet
- Benefits and Resources
- GME Grand Rounds
- The Residents Report
- The Residents Report
- Housestaff Incentive Program
- Diversity in GME
- Medical Licensure & DEA Registration
- Resident and Fellow's Council
- Visiting Elective Scholarship Program
- Duty Hours and Moonlighting
- Educational Opportunities
- Responsibilities for Teaching Med Students
- Fellowship/Job Opportunities
- Trainee Financial Resources
- SFGH Forms
- Parental Resources
- Program Administration
- Clinical Training Appointments
- Procedures for Away Rotations
- Program Administrator Financial Resources
- Program Coordinator Meetings
- GME Curriculum Committee
- Resident & Fellows Affairs Committee
- Graduate Medical Education Committee (GMEC)
- Policies and Procedures
- About Us
Graduate Medical Education
Blumberg Loans for Residents and Clinical Fellows
The Blumberg Loan is an interest free loan that was established through the Office of Graduate Medical Education (OGME) to financially assist UCSF residents and clinical fellows. Residents and clinical fellows may request a loan from two months prior to start date through five months prior to end date. The loan may be in the amount of $1,200 or $2,400.
For all loans, including those requested prior to start date, the GME contract must be completed and signed, and both E*Value and OLPPS entry must be completed. Direct Deposit must be set up with Payroll.
Disbursement of funds is generally within 5-7 business days. There may be a delay of 1-2 weeks for applications received May through July, due to an increase in new loan applications and accounting fiscal year-end deadlines.
The loan must be repaid through payroll deductions within 12 months, or by the end of the trainee’s appointment. Only one loan may be taken at a time. The minimum repayment will be $100 per month for $1,200 loan or $200 per month for $2,400 loan. Payroll deductions will begin within 4-8 weeks of loan approval.
Please see the application form below or call the Office of Graduate Medical Education at (415) 476-5291 for additional information and details.
Note: Only complete and signed applications with original promissory note and ID verification will be processed.