- CFE Community
- Get Involved
- For Academy Members
- For Educators
- For Education Scholars
- For Residents and Students
- For Educational Leaders
- For Volunteer Clinical Faculty (VCF)
- CFE News and Publications
- Events Calendar
- RaDME Website Information
- Volunteer Clinical Faculty (VCF)
- Academy of Medical Educators (AME)
- Contact Us
- Get Involved
- The Academy of Medical Educators (AME)
- About Us
- Membership Directory
- Membership Benefits & Eligibility
- Committees and Organization
- Faculty Development Resources
- Events & Meetings
- AME Endowed Chairs
- Faculty Development
- Educational Skills Workshops
- Teach for UCSF Certificate Program
- Teaching Scholars Program
- Teaching Opportunities in the Bridges Curriculum
- Faculty Development Consultations
- Advanced Education Programs
- Recognition and Awards
- Research and Innovation
- Education Science at UCSF
- Educational Scholarship Conference (ESCape)
- Research Skills Development
- Outcomes & Success Stories
- Funding Opportunities
- Scholarship Opportunities (presenting your work)
- Educator Career Mentoring
Center for Faculty Educators
Apply now for the Teaching Scholars Program 2013-2014
February 08, 2013
We invite faculty to apply for the 2013-2014 Teaching Scholars Program. Below are key points about the program and commitment:
- Mission: To create a cadre of knowledgeable and skilled educational leaders for UCSF.
- Ideal candidates: Faculty members who wish to make teaching their primary area of responsibility, such as potential or current course directors, clerkship directors, and residency and fellowship program directors.
- Program goals: Faculty participants will develop their teaching, curriculum development, instructional scholarship, and academic leadership skills.
- Structure: Twelve scholars will be chosen to start the one-year certificate program in early September 2013. The program consists of a weekly Tuesday afternoon integrative seminar, workshops, and a curriculum improvement and/or educational research project with the expectation of dissemination of the project through presentation and/or publication. Note: There will be no formal meetings between July and mid-August. This time is reserved for independent work on projects.
- Continuing education: CME/CEU credit is offered for eligible participants in the program.
- Eligibility: Applicants must obtain a letter of support from their department chairperson or division chief. Nominators should 1) describe the educational role the applicant plays in the department and/or the school or campus, 2) list the benefits the applicant is seeking from the program, and 3) provide approval for release time for Tuesday afternoons from September 10, 2013 through September 2, 2014. Graduation ceremony is planned for the evening of the second Tuesday in September, 2014.
- Deadline for receipt of applications: April 1.
- Notification of acceptance: May 1.
Co-Directors: Patricia O'Sullivan, EdD and David Irby, PhD
Primary Sponsor: Office of Research and Development in Medical Education (RaDME), UCSF School of Medicine
Co-sponsor: Haile T. Debas Academy of Medical Educators
The full program description and application instructions are available at: