- CFE Community
- Get Involved
- For Academy Members
- For Educators
- For Bridges
- For Educational Leaders
- For Residents and Students
- For Volunteer Clinical Faculty (VCF)
- For Education Scholars
- CFE News and Publications
- Events Calendar
- Education Scholars
- Educational Leaders
- Volunteer Clinical Faculty (VCF)
- Academy of Medical Educators (AME)
- Contact Us
- Get Involved
- The Academy of Medical Educators (AME)
- About Us
- Membership Directory
- Membership Benefits & Eligibility
- Committees and Organization
- Faculty Resources
- Events & Meetings
- AME Endowed Chairs
- Faculty Development
- Educational Skills Workshops
- Teach for UCSF Certificate Program
- Teaching Scholars Program
- Bridges Curriculum Faculty Development
- Teaching Observation Program (TOP)
- Faculty Development Consultations
- Advanced Education Programs
- Recognition and Awards
- Research and Innovation
- Education Science at UCSF
- Educational Scholarship Conference (ESCape)
- Research Skills Development
- Funding Opportunities
- Scholarship Opportunities (presenting your work)
- Education Showcase
- Educator Career Mentoring
Center for Faculty Educators
Cooke Award Past Recipients
- Melissa Bachhuber, MD; Patricia O'Sullivan, EdD; Arianne Teherani, PhD; Bridget O'Brien, PhD for their submission, Using Design Based Research to Advance Systems-Oriented Workplace Learning Experiences, accepted for Education Showcase as an oral presentation.
- Karen Hauer, MD; Sandra Oza, MD, MS; Jennifer Kogan, MD; Corrie Stankiewicz, MD; Terese Stenfors-Hayes, PhD; Olle ten Cate, PhD; Joanne Batt; Patricia O'Sullivan, EdD, for their submission, How Clinical Supervisors Form Trust in Their Trainees: A Qualitative Study, accepted for Education Showcase as an oral presentation.
- Deena Bengiamin, MD; Stacy Sawtelle, MD; Stuart Maxwell, MD; Peter Anastopoulos, MD; Omar Guzman, MD; Jaime Antuna, MD for their submission, Development of an Inter-professional Patient Safety Curriculum in Emergency Medicine using Simulation, accepted for Education Symposium as an oral presentation.
- Ivan Gomez, MD Alex Sherriffs, MD; Susan Hughes, MS; Rebeca Lopez, MPH, for their submission, Innovative faculty development using objective structured teaching exercises (OSTE), accepted for Education Symposium as an oral presentation.
- Darren Fiore, MD, Annette Carley, RN, MS, NNP, PNP, Mary Lynch, RN, PNP-BC, MS, MPH, FAAN, Sherilyn Van Osdol, PharmD, BCPS, for their submission, Key Principles of High-Quality Interprofessional Team Communication: A Web-Based Interactive Curriculum,accepted for Education Symposium as an oral presentation.
- Dylan Masters, BA, Anna Chang, MD, Marieke Kruidering-Hall, PhD, Karen Hauer, MD and Calvin Chou, MD, PhD, for their submission, Prior Peer-learning Relationships Enhance Student Delivery of Communication Skills Feedback, accepted for Education Symposium as an oral presentation.
- Krishan Soni, MD, MBA, Mia Lozada, MD, and Michelle Schneidermann, MD, for their submission, A Brief Structured Peer-to- Peer Feedback Intervention to Improve the Quality of Resident Discharge, accepted for Education Day as an electronic poster.
- Chelsea Bowman, MS4, Naama Neeman, MSc, and Niraj Sehgal MD, MPH, for their submission, "PACD" Notes: Using a Documentation Checklist to Promote Patient Safety,accepted for Education Day as an oral presentation.
- Louise Aronson, MD, MFA - Writing for Change: Training Residents in Health Policy Advocacy through Narrative
- Helen Loeser, MD, MSc - Competency-Based Curricula for the Health Professions in Tanzania
- Bridget O'Brien, PhD - What's Really So Different about Longitudinal Integrated Clerkships (LICs) and Block Clerkships? Findings from a Multi-Center Observational, Work Sampling Study
- Michelle Lin, MD - Negative Impact of Crowding on Faculty Teaching Time in the Emergency Department
- Michelle Mourad, MD - Starting at the Source: An Intervention to Improve Internal Medicine Procedure Education
- Jennifer Plant, MD - Understanding the Self-Assessment Process
- Marieke Kruidering-Hall, PhD - Teaching Feedback to First-Year Medical Students: Long-Term Skill Retention and Accuracy of Student Self-Assessment
- Anna Chang, MD - Predicting Failing Performance on the Clinical Performance Examination
- Jacqueline Dolev, MD - The EDerm Web-Based Curriculum Study
- Margo Vener, MD, MPH - Model SFGH: Impact on Medical Education and Career Intention
- Eva Chittenden, MD - A Web-Based Palliative Care Communication Curriculum
- Judith Prochaska, PhD, MPH - Medical Students' Use of the Stages of Change Model in Tobacco Cessation Counseling