- CFE Community
- Get Involved
- For Academy Members
- For Educators
- For Bridges
- For Educational Leaders
- For Residents and Students
- For Volunteer Clinical Faculty (VCF)
- For Education Scholars
- CFE News and Publications
- Events Calendar
- Education Scholars
- Educational Leaders
- Volunteer Clinical Faculty (VCF)
- Academy of Medical Educators (AME)
- Contact Us
- Get Involved
- The Academy of Medical Educators (AME)
- About Us
- Membership Directory
- Membership Benefits & Eligibility
- Committees and Organization
- Faculty Resources
- Events and Meetings
- Faculty Development
- Educational Skills Workshops
- Teach for UCSF Certificate Program
- Teaching Scholars Program
- Bridges Curriculum Faculty Development
- Teaching Observation Program (TOP)
- Faculty Development Consultations
- Advanced Education Programs
- Recognition and Awards
- Research and Innovation
- Education Science at UCSF
- Educational Scholarship Conference (ESCape)
- Research Skills Development
- Funding Opportunities
- Scholarship Opportunities (presenting your work)
- Education Showcase
- Educator Career Mentoring
Center for Faculty Educators
Boyden Award Nomination Guidelines
Eligibility and Selection Criteria
In 2017, the Boyden Award will recognize two outstanding School of Medicine staff members for their exemplary service to UCSF medical education:
Five or fewer years of service and employment at UCSF
More than five years of service and employment at UCSF
We welcome nominees from all levels and sites, in all areas that support medical education: departmental medical education staff, residency coordinators, essential and clinical core staff, and Dean's Office staff. We especially encourage nominations of front-line employees who directly impact the school's medical education mission (e.g. "the unsung heroes").
Each nominee’s performance should exhibit one or more of the following characteristics in support of medical education:
- Contributes above and beyond his/her job description to activities, programs or events resulting in increased educational value for SOM learners.
- Serves as a role model for teamwork and service to others.
- Makes the school and/or department/unit a better place to work and to learn by consistently demonstrating an open and helpful attitude, and by communicating and working cooperatively with students, residents, colleagues, and faculty.
- Demonstrates a commitment to excellence and inspires others to excel.
Submission of Nominations and Deadline
Call for Nominations: Wednesday, April 5, 2017 (online form opens)
Nominations Due: Friday, May 19, 2017
Any School of Medicine faculty member may submit a nomination online (one per faculty member per year). A completed nomination packet must include:
- A primary nomination (maximum two pages) from a School of Medicine faculty member citing specific examples in as many of the four characteristics noted above as applicable. (The primary nomination must include the nominee's work title, department, and years of service to medical education at UCSF.)
- One supporting letter (maximum one page). Any School of Medicine faculty or staff member can submit a supporting letter. A staff (supervisor or colleague) letter is encouraged.
- Only submissions from online form accepted.
A committee comprised of Academy members and staff will review nominations and select two awardees. The awards will be presented at the Academy's annual Celebration of New Members on September 11, 2017. For questions or assistance, contact Karen Brent.