- About Medical Education
- Our Organization
- Staff Directory
- Medical Education Community
- Medical Education News
- Year in Review Reports
- LCME Accreditation
- Program Statistics
- Education Policies
- Job Openings in Medical Education
Catherine Reinis Lucey, MD
Vice Dean for Medical Education
Catherine Reinis Lucey, MD, is vice dean for education.She directs the undergraduate, graduate and continuing medical education programs of the School of Medicine and the Office of Medical Education. Dr. Lucey comes to UCSF from Ohio State University where she was vice dean for education for the College of Medicine and associate vice president for health sciences education for the Office of Health Sciences. She is a member of the AAMC MR5 committee, charged with overseeing the revision of the Medical College Admission Test process. Dr. Lucey completed her residency in internal medicine, including service as chief resident, at the UCSF-affiliated San Francisco General Hospital, after earning her medical degree from the Northwestern University School of Medicine.
- Souba W, Way D, Lucey C, Sedmak D, Notestine M. Elephants in academic medicine. Acad Med. 2011 Dec; 86(12):1492-9.
- Medow MA, Lucey CR. A qualitative approach to Bayes' theorem. Evid Based Med. 2011 Dec; 16(6):163-7.
- Souba W, Notestine M, Way D, Lucey C, Yu L, Sedmak D. Do deans and teaching hospital CEOs agree on what it takes to be a successful clinical department chair? Acad Med. 2011 Aug; 86(8):974-81.
- Lesser CS, Lucey CR, Egener B, Braddock CH, Linas SL, Levinson W. A behavioral and systems view of professionalism. JAMA. 2010 Dec 22; 304(24):2732-7.
- Lipner RS, Lucey CR. Putting the secure examination to the test. JAMA. 2010 Sep 22; 304(12):1379-80.